Associate IT Project Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
If you like wearing multiple hats, thinking on your feet, and engaging people, then this is the opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate is an experienced IT professional who has a mix of IT and Business operations experience combined with outstanding customer service skills. We are looking for an individual who is interested in learning and supporting a growing business as a key part of a small IT management team.
The selected candidate is a self-starter who must be creative, resourceful and focused on delivering timely solutions. A good understanding of IT desktop, server and network infrastructure with an emphasis on how technologies integrate to provide solutions to small and medium-sized businesses is a must!
Responsibilities & Duties
Coordinate and manage IT projects by:
- Following up with vendors and team members on project status
- Updating schedules
- Documenting and following up on action items
- Keeping stakeholders informed
- Documenting risks and decisions
- Driving issues to resolution
- Updating performance reports & dashboards
- Assist in cost/benefit analysis and preparation of business cases
- Assist in the preparation of project plans, schedules and proposals
- Provide work direction and coaching to assigned project staff
- Maintain good working relationships between clients, vendors, contractors and project staff
- Utilize and improve our cloud software tool-kit
- Assist management in defining project improvement focus areas
- Visit client sites and liaise with staff at all levels of the client organization
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders using cloud based technologies
- Analyze requirements within companies and provide independent / objective advice on the use of IT and present solutions in written or oral reports
- Contribute to The Directorship’s growth by delivering tangible and significant business value to our clients
- Willingness to learn - enthusiastic and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Develop client information management and project standards
- Support monitoring of various IT programs, assessments and audits
- Present a professional image in conduct, attitude and attire
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in an IT Project role demonstrating excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving aptitude with responsibility at different stages of the project lifecycle
- Undergraduate degree in IT or recognized technical diploma combined with business / management education or a combination of work experience and professional development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical clients
- Self-starter with strong personal integrity, business ethics and customer service skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills in dynamic work environment
- A good understanding of IT desktop and infrastructure and LAN / WAN technologies with an emphasis on how technologies integrate to provide solutions to medium to large organizations
- Experience and understanding of cloud based solutions (SaaS)
- Project experience related to: New Construction Builds, ERP/Systems Upgrades, or related
- Industry recognized certificates: PMI, Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, etc.
- Secondary languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese) are an asset
*IMPORTANT* - Please provide a digital copy (Word/PDF) of your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate. Thank you!
Due to the volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If the posting is still up, the position is still open. Please feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thank you.