IT Project Coordinator
Job Type: 6-month Contract (with potential of full-time)
Location(s): Vancouver or Calgary
The IT Project Coordinator will be working as part of a small, dynamic team that plans, executes, and successfully completes a broad spectrum of technology related projects – all of which have significant and meaningful value to our clients. This includes coordinating consultants, third-party vendors and/or contractor activities to deliver through all stages of a projects life-cycle. The selected candidate must be creative, resourceful and focused on delivering timely solutions.
We expect our team to deliver solutions through a combination of diverse, real world experience and a sense of urgency, commitment, collaboration and bias for results. We look for candidates with a proven history of continuous learning & skills development, exploration, community involvement, and superior customer service. The ideal candidate will be naturally analytical and thrive in ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment which is high on team camaraderie and committed to our shared root values.
- Identify project requirements, time constraints and budgets to develop statements of work, project schedules, and estimates.
- Develop and maintain project plans, proposals and schedules
- Following up with vendors and team members on project status
- Assist with project resourcing
- Documenting and following up on action items
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with peers, leadership, business partners and external partners.
- Documenting project risks and decisions
- Updating project performance reports & dashboards
- Assist in cost/benefit analysis and preparation of business cases
- Maintain good working relationships between clients, vendors, contractors and project staff
- Utilize and improve our cloud software tool-kit
- Assist management in defining project process improvement focus areas and lead lessons learned meetings.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a related role demonstrating excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving aptitude, and customer service skills
- Undergraduate degree (IT/Business/Marketing) or recognized continuing education combined with related experience
- Experience working as part of a team in a structured environment with defined targets and deliverables
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to learn and explain IT concepts to non-technical clients
- Strong personal integrity, business ethics and customer service skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills in dynamic work environment
- Hotel operations and construction project experience is an asset
In your cover letter, please describe why you would be a good fit for The Directorship as well as this position.
Due to the volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If the posting is still up, the position is still open. Please feel free to contact us email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you.